The Department of Biotechnology was established in the academic year 2003 -2004 as a self-supporting course with strength of 20 students in each year. Faculty members are competent and actively involved in research. In addition eminent persons are invited as visiting faculty. The laboratory is well equipped with instruments.
Research/Industrial Training is given to the Students from May – July in various Research Institutes like BARC, TIFR, Haffkins, ACTREC, IIT, and Research Centres of different leading Hospitals Regular visits of the students are organized to the Industrial and Research Institutes Training of Basic laboratory technique to Cell culture technique to each student.
Research activities have been initiated recently The students are presenting their work at Research scholar meet.. The faculty is actively involved in research activities.
Courses offered (By Papers / By Research) : M.Sc. Biotechnology (By Papers)
Students in-take capacity (specialization wise) 20 students (General)
Department organizes the event Bionics
Acheivements of Students
1. Ms. Das Gupta Neha has secured first position in the Mumbai University in the M.Sc. Exam. held in March 2007.
2. Rebecca Gupte secured second position in the Mumbai University in the M.Sc. Exam. held in March 2007.
3. Dipali Sawant.secured third position in the Mumbai University in the M.Sc. Exam. held in March 2007.
4. Ms. Paramita Pal secured second position in the Mumbai University M.Sc. Exam in March 2008.
5. Ms Vahbiz Jokhi secured second position in the Mumbai University M.Sc. Exam in March 2009.
In academic session 2008-09, following two students of this Department, .have qualified NET (Dec.-2009) Mr. Parikshit Sawdekar Ms. Vahbiz Jokhi.
Ms. Deepavali Thanekar have qualified DBT Examination in first attempt
|Sr. No.||Name of The Staff||Detail|
|1||Dr. Rupendra Jadhav ( Coordinator)
M.Sc. NET, Ph.D.